Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We Went to There: Hecho en Dumbo

My only problem with Hecho en Dumbo is that it ain't in Dumbo any more.  I'm too pro-Brooklyn for games like  this--I felt the same way when Brooklyn Industries thought it'd be a great idea to sell clothes in Manhattan.  Where did their loyalty go?  My cousin Helen's loyalty lies with the fish taco, and so Hecho en Dumbo en Manhattan was went to.  I didn't taste her fish tacos.  I did like the guacamole and the snapper accompanied by some tasty cactus-y type vegetation.  The cola was Boylan's, that was a nice surprise.  And our waiter was appropriately odd and bemused with us and his surroundings.  I should have had a margarita to take away the sting.

1 comment:

  1. My fish tacos were too small to satisfy me plus mama said never put cheese on fish.

    ReplyDelete